Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Google Translation Service

So my kid is working on Spanish homework and prepping for an oral exam. The students were provided the questions but had to come up with the answers…in Spanish of course. This meant some perfect language translation otherwise you can count on a poor grade. My kid thought it smart to take aid of Google Translate. I can admit that it is a great quick translation service reference. But it was certainly proven that it is not the best language translation service. My kid read out to me the paragraph that Google Translate came up with upon entering in the ‘answer’ to one of the questions the teacher proposed.

Being at a somewhat intermediate level Spanish speaker, I was able to identify incorrect Spanish terms and grammar that the Google Translate spit out. Google Translate translated ‘big family’ to ‘famiilares’ and party to ‘partido’ not ‘fiesta.’ There were some other odd translations included, but overall it wasn’t too bad. It’s just not the best tool to use when the language translation needs to be accurate and reliable. Do not rely on online language translation services for translation or interpreting services you need that is critical. I actually contemplated not correcting the paragraph my kid read since I felt this was the easy way out to go to an online translation service instead of picking up the Spanish/English dictionary and Spanish text book sitting only feet away. But, I could not heart my kid speaking Spanish to the teacher using the crazy vocabulary that came up. Contact Interpreters Unlimited today for interpreting services or document translation service that are indeed reliable and accurate.

2 comments:

  1. Professional Website Translation.
    Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for providing this blog. I really appreciate with this blog. With the help of Website Translation Service we can translate in any language easily.

    ReplyDelete